Movement is the key to Life
Movement is possibility the greatest gift we were given as human beings, unfortunately I hear more times than I would like different reasons why people can’t move as apposed to why they love moving.
So lets make a list of great reason to exercise:
- Health of muscles, joints, bones and fascia
- Improved blood flow, which helps transmit water, oxygen and nutrients to all of our body’s vital organs
- Increased oxygen uptake to improve our outward glow
- Reduced stress
- Mood Enhancement
- Increased work productivity
- Increase immunity
- Decrease pain levels
- Helps to maintain a good body weight
- Improves digestion
- Helps to decrease your chances of type 2 diabetes
- Lowers your risk of osteoporosis
- Lowers your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Lowers your risk of metabolic disease
- Improve mental performance and concentration
- Helps with balance
- Improves the quality of your lifestyle
Only yesterday at a gym function, my young at Heart ladies, ages ranging from 50yrs up to 80yrs, were commenting how before they started doing movement classes that they couldn’t run, jump, stand on one leg to put on their clothes, bend over to tie their shoes up, get down or up off the floor or even lift their arms up over their heads.
You should see these amazing ladies today, not only do the jump, run and catch and throw balls over their heads but they laugh and sing as they do it.
They are truly an inspiration. ‘It’s okay to age but age is not a barrier’
Movement just makes everything better, and best of all its simple, just get up and out of that chair and put one leg in front of the other.