Movement is essential to the detox process in our bodies. Movement helps the organs to eliminate harmful substances and helps the body circulate the blood and lymphatic systems.
Detoxification is the cleansing of the internal organs of the the body from environmental pollutants, poisons, food waste, harmful bacteria, alcohol, medications and parasites. The organs involved in the detoxification process are the colon, liver, lungs, kidneys, skin and lymph glands.
- Exercise helps the fat burning process. It helps us regulate our weight by using glucose and fat as fuel. Toxins get stored in the fatty tissues of the body so the less body fat we have the less ability we have of storing toxins.
- When we move we start to sweat, this is another method the body uses to help eliminate. Our skin is one of our largest organs. The skin is cleaned from the inside out by sweating. Waste can show itself on our skin in forms of pimples, blemishes and even rashes.
- Our lymphatic system collects unwanted waste in the body such as bacteria, fats and other harmful materials then relies on movement to circulate them out of our bodies.
- Movement helps the digestive system work more efficiently. The organs get stimulated by the movement.
- During any detox of the body it is a good idea to increase your water intake as this will assist the kidneys to filter the toxins from the blood. The more we move the easier it is for the liver and lymph nodes to do their job